Xổ số miền bắc thứ 4 hàng tuầnA weakened or compromised immune system can increase your risk of infection. Some cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiation, can make you more susceptible to infection.
Xổ số miền bắc thứ 4 hàng tuầnThe most common sign of infection is a fever. Other symptoms include:
- Chills or sweats
- Cough, mucous production, shortness of breath or painful breathing
- Soreness or swelling in your mouth, ulcers or white patches in your mouth, or a change in the color of your gums
- Pain or burning during urination or an odor to your urine
- Redness, pain or swelling of any area of your skin
- Redness, pain, swelling or drainage from any tube you may have (e.g., Hickman catheter, J-tube, urinary catheter)
- Pus or drainage from an open cut or sore
Preventing Cancer Care-Related Infections
Prevention is the most effective infection-fighting tool.
- Wash your hands
- Use hand sanitizer
- Don’t touch your face
- Try to avoid contact with sick people
- Wear a mask over your mouth and nose
Please call your doctor if you are not feeling well and have a fever. If your center is closed, please call the Emergency Center at 713-792-3722.
Due to our response to COVID-19, all blood donations at MD Anderson
Blood Donor Center locations are being held by appointment only.